Egypt is passing through a dangerous stage. It has come to a fork in the road many months after the beginning of the great Egyptian revolution, which ended on 11 February. Following that date, groups of the elite took on the task of completing the journey towards realizing the people’s demands, thereby completing the revolution. However, the revolution’s path immediately changed to one of partisan strife, which overtook its greater portion at the expense of the people. Meanwhile, the corrupt regime is attempting to maintain its bases and return to power in a new form. Even following these events at a distance, the people can see the wisdom of God—may he be magnified and exalted during this period of discrimination—as He tears the masks from fraudsters’ faces. In the end, the people saw that everyone must work only for the benefit of the people. They must take control of the revolution to bring about the wisdom of God once again, dispersing the sit-ins so that the leadership of the revolution can be seized from the hands of those who have lost it in an attempt to complete the journey themselves, far from the elites who disappointed our families. This is the first suggestion made by a young revolutionary from the general public. May it be presented to the true revolutionaries so that they can determine their own fate:
- Preparations must be made for permanent headquarters of the Revolution to be established in all public squares so that the revolutionaries can communicate with each other, make decisions, and present them before they are announced.
- All should be invited (the elite media as well as the people, with all its various groups and publics) to determine whether to go down into the square as revolutionaries until the Revolution is complete, remain in their ivory towers with their satellite channels, or side with the remains of the corrupt regime
- At this time, a period has begun in which the revolution is coming together under the slogan “Deny the Self” from these suggestions:
- A revolutionary (not coalitional) government from among the honorable people of Egypt should be formed. There are plenty of honorable people to choose from. (Names may be suggested for people to choose from, with the knowledge of the revolutionaries of course.) This government would take over management of the country for a period of time not to exceed one year. It would have limited tasks. Among the most important of these tasks:a) Forming revolutionary courts presided over by citizen judges, so that the corrupt may be tried immediatelyb) Imposing safety and stability in the streets of Egypt
c) Working towards the return of economic stability as quickly as possible
d) Charging every minister with the task of restructuring his ministry along civil and scientific lines
e) Forming a special committee to recuperate plundered money both abroad and domestically
f) Charging every governor with the task of demarcating and reclaiming all of the looted land in his province. This land should be integrated into the public domain, and profits from it may not be used until an elected government takes power.
g) Charging the Finance Minister with setting a minimum wage, and enforcing this law immediately
h) Forming a committee of [illegible] and specialists from all fields to accept new ideas, suggestions, projects, and discoveries from scientists and [illegible] to be studied and presented to the coming government.
Along with keeping the Army as the protector of the people and the new leadership
2. The transitional government must not conclude any foreign treaties or undertake any domestic projects with a long duration
3. We must completely focus our efforts on destroying the remaining corruption and preparing for the period of rebuilding.
The thoughtful youth may present any suggestions or opinions regarding the coming transitional period. They will be studied and put into effect.
The servant who owes all to God, the revolutionary from the masses of the people,
Muhammad ‘Awad Qutb